InHealth Endoscopy Limited respects all patients' rights to privacy and dignity and each facility develops its own local plans to achieve this. As a minimum you have a right to expect:
- To be greeted in a pleasant manner and asked your preferred name.
- To be treated with respect, no matter what your cultural background or religious beliefs
- That patient care given will protect modesty and actively promote privacy and dignity.
- To be admitted in an interview room away from earshot of other patients
- To be able to get changed in a private area if you are having a lower procedure and need to be in a gown.
- To not sit in an area with a member of the opposite sex immediately prior to or post procedure.
- To have the choice of having a relative or carer present when admitted and discharged.
- Enemas (to help clear the bowel) that need to be given in the unit will be administered in a private room with an en-suite toilet facility.
- That the principles of data protection and confidentiality are adhered to. All patient and staff communication remains confidential.
- Interpreter services are available if required.
- To receive effective communication, sensitive to your individual needs and preferences.
To download a pdf of our Privacy and Dignity policy please click here.